When you think spa you think light, fresh, indulgent, sumptuous and organic.
Grumpy But Gorgeous has put together 5 top ideas for your DIY healthy kids spa party food. You can easily prepare these at home and they will make fabulous, fun, healthy alternatives to pizza and fries for your girls spa party.
1. Flip Flop Sandwiches
The precious little flip flop sandwiches were made using a bean shaped cookie cutter to cut out the sandwiches, then reshaping the cut-outs a little to make them look more like flip flops. They’re decorated with cucumber peel straps and pea size tomato embellishments. A toothpick in the tomato holds everything together.
2. Guacamole Spa Face
The “spa-licious” guacamole is so cute and is made with Guacamole, red peppers for the lips, an iceberg lettuce spa cap and cucumbers on the eyes. There’s even a blueberry “beauty mark”!
3. Cucumber Sandwiches
Allergy-Friendly Cucumber Sandwiches
- 1 Cucumber cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2 Roma Tomatoes cut into 1/4″ slices
- 6 Slices of Turkey cut with biscuit cutter
Using the above ingredients, assemble sandwiches with the cucumbers on the top and bottom.
4. Hummus & Turkey Pin Wheels
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 5-6 pinwheels
Pinwheels make a quick and easy lunch that is fun for everyone. They pack well, or you can enjoy them at home.
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1-2 tablespoons hummus
- 1-2 slices turkey
- small handful of baby spinach
- 1 slice red bell pepper (I used roasted red bell pepper but raw is great too.)
- Smear your corn tortillas with hummus.
- Lining all the ingredients on the the edge closest to you place the turkey slice(s), spinach, and red bell pepper.
- Carefully roll the pinwheel starting with the edge closest to you and rolling away from your body.
- Hold the pinwheel in place using 5-6 toothpicks, places 1/2-1 inch apart.Slice in-between the toothpicks using a sharp knife.
5. Chocolate Coated Strawberry’s
These are an oldie but a goodie – and they’re super easy to make when you need something sweet right now. After melting some chocolate, dip in strawberries and place them on a tray in the freezer until the chocolate is hard. For an extra hit of antioxidants, use dark chocolate.